The easiest way to learn the unique sharpening action of the SELECTOOL is with a simple pair of scissors
- Use a firm surface
- Turn the tool on its side and let it tilt toward you
- Flat of the scissor blade against the left side of the guide
- Do both blades the same way
- Snip to finish
Enjoy your wonderfully sharp scissors!
FIRST KNIFE SHARPENING
- START WITH A SIMPLE "CHEAPIE" PARING KNIFE (This is very important. Do not start with a "nice knife.")
- Use a table or firm surface to work on. (No "freehanding.")
- Do it just like you see in this video.
- TURN THE TOOL, (rather than trying to align the angle yourself.)
- Control the downward pressure with your thumb.
Finish the edge with the Side Knife Guide.
SHARPEN A DULL POCKET KNIFE
Watch this incredible video of the raw sharpening power of this amazing tool
- Some knives are so dull they are almost impossible to sharpen.
- "Tough steel" knives can also be very difficult, so practice on an easier knife first.
- Inexpensive stainless steel knives are the easiest to start with, (like in this video.)
SHARPENING A "TOUGH STEEL" KNIFE
High Alloy knives, (such as Benchmade, Spyderco, Cold Steel, Kershaw, and
Buck,) can be very challenging to sharpen.
Click here to watch how it's done
Click here to see how it works
If not, download them here.