|• Put the side KNIFE GUIDE face up on a table.
• Brush the serrated tips through the guide. (Light pressure.)
• Repeat several times until tips are nice and sharp.
• Do this occasionally to maintain serration sharpness.
• Serrations are like tiny saw teeth that get rounded and misaligned with use.
• Brushing through the guide realigns and thins the tips to make them nice and sharp.
• Some serrations are dull and need many strokes until sharp.
• Some serrations are too dull and rounded to be successfully sharpened.